Sunday, November 20, 2022

Why to Block Knitting

I gave a glimpse recently of what I'm knitting, which is a project I started before my trip last month, to have a small, portable project. I love the Wheelwright Shawl that I finished in the spring, and thought it would be nice to have a lighter-weight version of it (that one was DK, this is fingering).

As I got started on it, the edges were really rolling, and while I was pretty sure blocking was going to take care of that, I decided to do a half-assed block-in-progress and see.

Laid out, and curling at the end (top in the photo) and along the rounded edge.

Dampened, spread out, and pinned. There we go! So much bigger when you can see all of it.
And when I took the pins out, it pretty much stayed that way. So it's good!
Yay. Onward.

1 comment: