Tuesday, November 08, 2022

A Garden Tour

Election day is stressing me out, plus my allergies have gone through the roof lately and I'm monitoring another hurricane coming toward Florida (not right at us, and not as big as last time, but I feel anxious even though we should only get wind and rain and maybe a little street flooding). So how about we look at pretty flowers instead!

When I was up in Massachusetts, I went to a party at a friend's house and asked for a garden tour before things got going. M is very serious about her gardening, and getting a late-fall tour involves a lot of discussion about what she had planted here and there that was over already. I loved it! Most of what was still going was dahlias, which is like having a whole range of flowers since they're all so different. Before I show you all those, though, let me show you the few other things I photographed.

Such as a beautiful piece of glass art:

And the remains of the corn:
See? Gorgeous colors!
And magic beans!
Some fun puffy things:
That make me think of Dr. Seuss.
And of course the camera focusing on the background and not the flower. Sigh.
And a few hydrangeas. 

But then, it's all dahlias!





























3 comments:

  1. Amazing flowers, little miracles! How does one grow such a garden?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! My garden is currently covered in snow and ice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mini Indian Corn? Adorable! And thanks for the Dahlia fix.

    ReplyDelete