Friday, November 18, 2022

Got Hockey! (again)

In the week since I last wrote about how the cable company still couldn't get the Center Ice channels working properly, it has continued to not work properly. Almost two weeks, how ridiculous.

However! I went onto our local Facebook group page earlier this week to ask if anyone else was having the same problem, and someone let me know that you can watch all the games via ESPN+, which I did not know. 

I would say I can't believe I didn't know, but actually, I can believe it: not embracing new technology is pretty on-brand for me. I subscribed to ESPN+ starting last season because they carry a few exclusive games, and I've used the subscription to read some subscriber-only articles about the NHL, but had never poked into it any more than that. And yet, look at that: last night's game was available, both the Bruins and the Flyers broadcasts, and it worked perfectly! (I checked on the Center Ice feed between periods, out of curiosity, and the channel that said it was showing the Bruins game was broadcasting ... the Devils game. Okay then, confirmed to be still not working right.)

So I called Summit this morning and cancelled the Center Ice package, and we'll get a credit on the next bill. Fine. I don't need you, Summit! Well, I do for other channels (NHL Network, regular ESPN, and a few games are on ABC and TNT), but not for Center Ice. Whether you ever get it working again is no longer my problem.

Whew. 

The Bruins won last night, by the way. They are now 10-0 at home, and 15-2 on the season. Not bad! (By which I mean excellent.) Last night's game wasn't the best, but you can't argue with the result. Other than the utter BS of signing the racist bully (which is a management fuck-up and not on the players at all--in fact, they spoke out against it), this season has been tons of fun so far. May it continue!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to figure it out at no extra cost to you!

    ReplyDelete