Life is ... rather a lot right now. Let's talk about something else. I got a new handbag!
I have ridiculously specific desires in a bag.
- I do not like switching bags, so it has to work for all outfits and occasions (except a funeral, let's say). This means that on the interesting-to-bland scale, I stick closer to bland.
- I want a number of pockets so I can grab my keys, my sunglasses, my phone without looking...reach for the chapstick at a red light and find it without digging...you get the idea.
- I also prefer a bag of a certain size, so I can carry a shawl and a small knitting project at all times. I have a bag I really like, but it's just too small for this part.
- But I don't want it too much bigger, because I will fill available space, and then throw my back out carrying it.
- I would like a bag to stand up by itself, but not so strongly that it is stiff. (I know, I know, I am listening to myself. Picky, picky.)
- Finally, I prefer a shorter, non-adjustable shoulder strap, though I have compromised on this. And I don't want to wear it cross-body anyway, my chest finds that uncomfortable (and unflattering). Bags don't stay on my shoulders happily, so I'm going to be holding it on most of the time anyway. It's just that I get tangled in the longer strap.
I have tried many a bag and been dissatisfied with one thing or another, so lately I have gone back to one I've used often before.
I recently went through the Baggalini website to see if I could find another of theirs that I liked more, and lo, I did.
expandable, and when you unzip that, there's a rainbow inside.