Wednesday, November 30, 2022

A Stealth Month

It's been years since I joined in NaBloPoMo, where you pledge to write on your blog every day in the month of November, but this time I decided to try it, low-key, and see if I could/would want to do it. And look at that, it's the 30th and I did. 

It was a good reminder that I don't have to go deep into a topic every time; real "the perfect is the enemy of the good" stuff there. Just write something, don't overthink it, this is supposed to be fun. At least most of the time.

Will I keep it up? Well, probably not every day (given the holidays, my brother's visit for same, and Mom's possible surgery), but perhaps more often than I had been. 

Now, a funny Maggie story that (for once) does not have an accompanying photo. Last night, I was watching the Bruins game, of course, but I also wasn't feeling well (moderate headache with stomach involvement), so after the second period I got myself ready for bed, and when the third period started, instead of sitting up on the couch as I normally do, I was lying down, on my side so I could see the TV.

Maggie was baffled by this. It's not that I've never done it before, but it's rare, and she clearly didn't remember it ever happening. She came walking over and alongside me, checking out the space, and came to the correct conclusion that she wasn't going to fit in next to me.

She jumped down, and my mother rolled one of the footstools over next to me, so that Maggie could be near me, at least, if she wanted to. I called Maggie to come back, and after enough of a pause to be clear that it was her idea, and she wasn't coming when called like a dog or something, she came back up.

Climbed all over, checking things out.

And then decided to lie down on top of my hip, from waist to knee, not on the couch next to me but on me, up in the air. This struck me as so funny that I was laughing, and trying not to because it bounced her. I'm laughing now, remembering it.

She stayed that was for a few minutes, then got up, turned around, and laid down along the side of my torso instead. I petted her and told her how beautiful she was, and she stayed there probably 10 minutes, including a brief bath period, before decamping for more stable ground.

Goofball.

3 comments:

  1. I DID think you were posting a lot! I didn't realize you were stealthily doing NaBloPoMo! Yay you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your stealth accomplishment!

    I regularly lay on my side to read or watch tv and Zelda the Cat lays on my side all the time. It's kind of nice that our girls want to be close to us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats are so funny! She was just letting you know who makes the decisions around there. Too fun.

    ReplyDelete