Wednesday, November 09, 2022

More Ugh Than Yay

I have been sleeping like crap this week: anyone else? It's usually the spring time change that's worse for me, because of how it messes up when I want to go to bed and when I have to get up, but this week, even with going to bed "early," I've been waking multiple times and having so much trouble falling back to sleep. Stupid time change.

I've also been madly congested, which I'm sure isn't helping. I'm so stuffed up that no matter how much I try to breathe through my nose, I obviously fail at that as soon as I do fall asleep, as I wake up with my mouth so dry it's hard to open it enough to drink some water. This morning, my sinuses felt larger than my skull. I gave up at 9 and took some DayQuil, in hopes that would help. (Spoiler: It did not help. It had no noticeable effect.) Meanwhile, I suggest you buy stock in Kimberly-Clark, as I am going through Kleenex like a crazy woman.

Then there's my back! When I got up, that problem spot on the mid-left was out of sorts, but later, as I bent over a drawer looking for something, my lower back gave such a twang that I almost fell over. Enough already! The coughs and giant sneezes from congestion aren't helping the back, and as I hobble around like a poorly constructed puppet, I feel like I'm falling apart at the seams.

And my poor mother is as well. Did I mention that she's been having terrible pain in her shoulder, the one she had replaced in the spring? Yeah. The doctor sent her for X-rays, which showed nothing, and then a CT scan, which apparently showed that her shoulder has 'settled' or something so that one of the surgical screws is hitting a nerve. GAH! They gave her a steroid infection, which did nothing, and pain meds, which did nothing. Yesterday they gave her a different kind of pain med, and a few hours after taking it, she felt sick and shaky and went to bed. The poor woman can't catch a break lately.

On the small plus side, I had my annual mammogram yesterday, and it was not miserably painful! When I thanked the tech for doing a good job, she said that it shouldn't be painful, just uncomfortable, and yes, Christine, I agree with you! However, I have had some that had me holding back tears, some that had me cursing the existence of seat belts and potholes on the drive home, some that actually bruised my chest. They shouldn't be painful, but they certainly are sometimes. This one was not, and I am so grateful for that.

Overall, though, I'm feeling like this, from a bookmark I bought on my trip:

(I also got the one with the giraffe. Check her stuff out!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, ugh indeed. That all sounds rotten and I'm sorry your mom is feeling so poorly.

    ReplyDelete