Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Not Final, Surgery and Yarn Edition

I mentioned a few weeks ago that my mother has been having trouble with the shoulder that was replaced in March. She had some sort of nerve test yesterday, then met with the surgeon, and, well, she may be having surgery next Monday to remove the screw. Monday! Yipes.

She had been thinking that if surgery had to happen, she would wait until after the holidays to do it. The thing is, though, that she needs to see her own doctor and have bloodwork within a month of surgery, and she actually saw her doctor and had bloodwork, routinely, this month. So if she gets it done now, she doesn't have to repeat all that again.

Plus, of course, she does want to get rid of the pain.

Anyway, it isn't set yet; she has more appointments today, and we'll see. 

Meanwhile, isn't it more fun to talk about yarn!* I think so. I got some in the mail yesterday.

*You know I'm a planner, and being at this too-early-to-plan anything stage makes me twitchy.

I hadn't been planning to make this purchase, but I got an email from a yarn store that their black Friday sale was including 50% off Shibui, which is a very nice and not cheap yarn brand. I already had a few skeins of Lunar, which is 60/40 merino/silk and so lovely, that I had gotten on sale here and there. I looked at the available colors in this sale, and ended up ordering these:

Which are beautiful, right, but perhaps incomplete? Let me add in the ones I already had:

Ahhhh. So beautiful. I keep switching the order around; it's very much not final yet. But I'm looking at the Summer Candy shawl pattern and pondering. Which is fun.

As is this view, which shows why I say that my favorite color may be blue, but my second favorite is rainbow.


3 comments:

  1. Monday! Eeep! That's fast, but maybe best to get it over with? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always undecided if I would like very little lead time about something like a surgery or a lot. If you have a little, there's not much time to psyche yourself out about it, but if you ahve a lot of time to prepare, you can actually prepare! Tough call if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yarn. Shibui at half price, wow.

    More importantly, best wishes to your mom for an easy surgery and quick and full recovery. And for no pain.

    ReplyDelete