Wednesday, November 02, 2022

Successful Book Vacation Day

Even though I just took my trip, I kept my planned vacation day for today, to read the books I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of yesterday.


I had written that there were going to be three books coming out the same day, but the Goddard was pushed out a few weeks, so I had “just” these two on my plate, new ones from Everina Maxwell and Freya Marske. And were they good! And really, really different!

And yes, I read both of them, within roughly 24 hours. This is what I do, I gobble them up, racing through the first read to find out what happens, and have to read them again to catch the details I missed. It works for me.

I do have a bit of a headache now, but it’s okay. Worth it.

2 comments:

  1. THAT is definitely how you are supposed to use a day off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like a good book and a cat in the lap.

    ReplyDelete