Sunday, November 27, 2022

Did the Thing

Whenever I have more than a few days off, I find myself imagining that I will accomplish so many projects, and then I often don't get very far into them. But one thing that I wanted to get done over the Thanksgiving break was finish my cousin's shawl, and I did! Yay!

Candidly, it was not a great experience, making this shawl. The pattern had shall-we-call-them flaws, some of which may have been due to English not being the writer's first language, but others... well, let's just say that I thought about burning the pattern printout when I finished (though in the end I just threw it out). 

But it's done! Done! Washed and drying and then it will be ready to mail to Pennsylvania well before Christmas. Which, considering that she asked me if I would make in in June*, is about time.

*I did tell her then that I couldn't say how long it would take me. But still.

So happy....

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing such a huge undertaking! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it! Yay!

    And now is the season for wearing extra warmth, so, hey. The timing is just right.

    ReplyDelete