Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Quick Question: Messed Up Memory

I recently was looking back on something that I was completely certain happened one way, and found out it didn't (I was 100% sure that when I went to Hawaii in 2020, I flew out of Miami, but it was Lauderdale). I was so sure! Absolutely no doubt in my mind! And I am completely wrong.

Have you ever had something like that happen? It's such a disconcerting feeling. Tell me I'm not the only one who shouldn't trust their own memory. At least not all the time.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, this has happened to me! Sometimes it is when two similar events overlap in my memory, and it takes a while to untangle which was which. Other times... it's just a brain glitch! Definitely very disorienting when it happens, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the time! Usually I'm baffled because I am certain that a celebrity died ages ago, and am shocked that they are still alive. (I clearly remember David Crosby dying. But... he's not dead. Same with Joel Grey.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been diagnosed with concussion syndrome, so, yeah. It happens. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete