Sunday, May 22, 2022

A Blue Letter Day

Two good yarny events Saturday!

First, I recently ordered some splurge yarn, and it arrived. Ahhhh.

That beautiful blue just called my name. Yelled it, really. And then look at the content.

Yeah, 65% cashmere and 35% silk…it really is soft as a kitten!

I’m looking at the Circle of Friends Infinity Wrap, but we’ll see.

The other event is blocking the Wheelwright shawl.

Laid out before soaking. Pinning it will be interesting, eh?

There’s considerable overlap.
It really is awfully pretty yarn.
Even on the wrong side!
Soaking.
Draining.
Water pressed out in a towel (actually this is the second of two towels).
Now, is this the best blocking job I have ever done? Probably not. But I think it will do the job, and it was as much crawling around on the floor as I could handle.
Dry this morning, somewhat to my surprise. Pins out:

The edges are nicely uncurled, and it falls nicely. Just need to weave the ends in and it's done! Very satisfying.

Pattern: Wheelwright Shawl by Purl Soho, a free pattern

Yarn: Three Irish Girls Springvale DK, in colorway Pride in the name of love

3 comments:

  1. That is very pretty yarn! It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.

    And having worked with Tess's Kitten yarn I know exactly how soft that it--much more so even than many a cashmere I've come across. You are going to have such a good time knitting that up! Love the color, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue is my favourite colour and I love that yarn!

    ReplyDelete