Sunday, November 13, 2022

You Would Think, in Two Parts

Before this weekend, I would have said one would have to go to a yarn show in order to really shop the marketplace: just makes sense, right? You would think. 

And yet, I'm not at Stitches SoCal this weekend, but notable knit-famous person Franklin Habit is, and while watching a Facebook Live he did from the marketplace, I ended up placing two yarn orders.

These things just happen sometimes, eh? When the packages from LL Yarn Co and Anzula arrive, I will surely be showing them off.

Speaking of showing off, you would also think that by now I would have expanded on the single teaser photo I put up of the yarn I bought when I was on my trip last month, and yet here we are.

The yarn store I went to was Another Yarn, in Burlington Mass. (Here's the website, but based on mention of 2020 on the front page, it isn't quite up to date.) It's a nice store I used to go to sometimes when I lived there, and the first thing I saw when I went in was a long row of bins with sale yarn.

So that means that I got these 7 skeins of Autumn Wind Shade by Trendsetter Yarns for 70% off, thank you!


It's a cotton yarn with a little cashmere blended in, quite soft, which I prize in cotton especially as so many cottons are not soft to work with. It will be fun to play with!

Then I got a couple of balls of Linie 12 Street Design Color from ONline, one in a rainbow and a white to complement it.



Finally, not my purchase but my birthday gift was this lovely skein of angora and wool. Are these my colors or what?


Soft and beautiful, two of my favorite things in yarn.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I especially love the Autumn Wind. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygoodness, wow. That rainbow especially!

    I hope they're staying in business? One of my two LYSes is up for sale due to health problems and will probably close in January.

    ReplyDelete