Thursday, January 05, 2023

Before Yarn: Yarn

On Saturday I'm going to a yarn store with friends, so before I write up whatever happens there (ahem: chances of coming home empty-handed are very small), I wanted to show what I got in the mail the other day.

In November I showed you the Shibui yarn I got at half off; it turns out that the company is shutting down, which is sad, as they make lovely stuff. It further turns out that the shutdown includes their subsidiary Camp Color yarns, and in fact I heard before Christmas (my friends are such enablers, I love it) that the CC yarns were $5 a skein instead of the usual $15*. Well! I can't resist that sale!

*It's not all gone yet, either...

They have a fingering-weight yarn that I bought last summer, to make the Electric Slide shawl. And they have a bulky yarn. And they offer free shipping if you spend $100 or more.

Do you see where this is going? Yeah. You do.

Five skeins of bulky in this beautiful blue that will make a nice cozy shawl.
And the rest fingering. Some multis:

Random beautiful colors.
And a vague idea for a not-quite-Bruins black and gold project.
That, my friends, is $100 well spent. No regrets at all.

2 comments:

  1. Look at all those beautiful skeins!!!! I feel like you feel about yarn the way I feel about books, so I understand completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You're going to have so much fun!

    Around 1989, when I was just getting back into knitting after dropping it in college because I couldn't afford the yarn nor time, a yarn store near my mom was going out of business. I sent her $100 check and said go blow this on anything that looks good.

    She did and I got at least one if not two Kaffe Fassett sweaters out of that. (Stumbling across his book in the library is how I got pulled back into knitting in the first place.)

    ReplyDelete