Sunday, July 24, 2022

In the Meantime: Yarn (and yarn)

I'm putting together the conclusion of my Boston trip, which may end up needing two parts (lots of yarn shopping pictures), but in the meantime: yarn.

It's going to be the Electric Slide Wrap--I flagged the pattern as soon as I saw it, and then last week Webs had the yarn on sale, and, well. Boom.
Meanwhile, in addition to giving me the blanket to finish knitting, I was also given all the yarn and knitting supplies from the family friend who died a few weeks ago. Some of it came along with the blanket:
And the rest of it my mother picked up last week. Our building has a hotel-style luggage cart for our use, and it was pretty much was full. 
So in between working on the blanket, I've been sorting through supplies. It's a lot. I'll do a post another day on some of the surprises; for now, having finished the blanket, I'm pulling out some cashmere. My hands rejoice.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, no. The piles of totes of someone else's crafting supplies is absolutely freaking me out - it's too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cashmere. Mmmmmm. And those colors! Their texture looks Koigu-ish I'm thinking maybe? Those will wear well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors and I love that pattern!

    ReplyDelete