Thursday, January 19, 2023

Preparing (Not [Quite] Panicking)

I don't feel completely unprepared for my upcoming trip, but I don't feel as prepared as I would like to be. My subconscious agrees: in a dream last night, someone was coming over and I wasn't ready and I was skulking around without clothes on, and it was stressful.

Well. Onward.

The trip is logistically more complicated than I'm used to, which is no doubt a contributing factor. I have my usual, very segmented packing list, but for this trip, I'll want/need things for the cross-country flight, then the night in the hotel, then the flight to Hawaii, plus an extra outfit for the next day if my suitcase is delayed*, and there are just a lot of "ifs" to take into account, even for someone who kind of enjoys the planning-ahead part.

*Please no serious delays, please no serious delays.

This weekend, I'm going to start not just pulling things together, but organizing them into piles. I think that will help me see where I am, literally. Then I can figure out exactly which bags I'm going to want, and so on.

Meanwhile, I will keep telling myself that there is almost nothing I can forget that will be a catastrophe. It will be fine.

I think I will have a good time once I get there. Hold on to that thought.

2 comments:

  1. I get this. The anticipation of the trip and the stress of packing/preparing all mixes together. I hope that your pre-trip panic resolves soon and you can just have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so get this. Have a wonderful time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete