Thursday, January 12, 2023

Listening to Books

I enjoy audiobooks, but particularly, for some years I have gone to sleep listening to one, to help my brain turn off. (It has to be a book I know, so it won't actually get my brain more awake.) 

I use the Audible app, and they send a summary at the end of the year with some metrics, which can be very amusing. Last year, they noted that I listen the most at night, which, yeah, tell me something I don't know.

This year they summarized different metrics (or possibly I just don't remember these from last year). For instance:

Two fantasy authors and a hockey writer, yup. I highly recommend The Down Goes Brown History of the NHL: The World's Most Beautiful Sport, the World's Most Ridiculous League in either print or audio, if it's at all of interest to you. He's both informative and hilarious.

Here's another in the 'tell me something I don't know' category.
Yup, every day! Or, rather, every night.

I'm looking forward to doing some awake-time listening on my upcoming trip. Which, eep, two weeks from now I'll be underway! That does seem soon. I know that I'm fairly well prepared for it--but I don't feel ready!

Today's small achievement was about the eye mask with bluetooth speakers that I bought a few years ago: I found it, I charged it, and I got it to play Audible from my phone. I win!

1 comment:

  1. I love audiobooks too, and I thought my Audible stats were quite interesting too. The eye mask/speaker combo sounds very interesting to me!

    ReplyDelete