Saturday, January 28, 2023

Hawaii, Days One and Two

It’s been a pleasant and peaceful trip so far. Well, other than the actual traveling part, which was as annoying as it always is these days (hello, cattle car), but no big problems. My checked bag made it on both my flights so far! That’s convenient.

My brother and aunt met me at the airport, and after a nice day and a half, he left last night, and now we are two. 

Let’s look at the random photos I’ve taken so far, shall we?

Goodbye, SFO.

Hello, Pacific Ocean.
(Hours and hours later) Land ho!
See, just under the fin of the wing? Snow!
Land.
There’s that mountain top. Brrr.
Ah, beautiful water, that’s better.
The lanai of the rental.

Looks out over the 18th hole.
And past it, over the water.
My camera did not want to do justice to the sunset.

Flower.
The next morning, dawning.
Fresh papaya with a little lime juice, yum.
Taking advantage of the sun while it was out.
Little birds in the grass.
They were doing some tree trimming on the course yesterday, and we watched them while we sat and talked about this and that.
Going up the untrimmed tree.
And back down, work done.
We went up to the bookstore, where only one cat was to be seen.
And he clearly wanted me to keep my distance, so I did.
Ever want to read The Little Prince or Harry Potter in Hawaiian?
Oh, that toffee, yum!
When we went to dinner at the Royal Kona Resort, we got a little glimpse of the sunset before the clouds covered it.
Pretty while it lasted.



My dessert was making a face at me. See the eyes, and the mouth about to spit mac nuts at me?
Later, I took my brother to the airport. I’ll see him again on my way home, so it wasn’t an emotional departure. Pulse, we got a laugh when we saw how my directions showed that we were at the airport.

Arrive, depart, whatever. Words.

2 comments:

  1. Your luggage made it, yay! You should buy a lottery ticket now!
    Are you on the Big Island? If so, that is where we went on our honeymoon. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures!

    I've read Le Petit Prince in French, at least. Plus Vol de Nuit/Night Flight by the same author in French Lit and English Lit classes at the same time in college and in outrage went to the English professor and exclaimed that they had mistranslated a key word and it changed the entire ending of the book, leading one to think the pilot had survived.

    Oh wait. You're about to fly. Change of subject!

    ReplyDelete