Sunday, January 29, 2023

Hawaii, Day Three

This morning, I slept until it wasn’t full dark outside! Pretty exciting. I did a little slow waking up, then got the papaya ready for breakfast. When my aunt got up, she made toast and we had our breakfast, then got ready to go out to the nearby farmers market. Our main aim was more papayas, but we had fun looking at all the offerings.

The colors and textures!








Did I buy anything? Well, sure. A blueberry muffin and a savory scone in one place, and of course some of these cookies:
I also impulse-bought this jam.
It’s just so pretty. Hopefully it wail taste as good as it looks.
We went into the drugstore that was right there and picked up a few things, then home for an afternoon of peace and sports: the Bruins were playing at 1 our time, and SU basketball for my aunt at 2. Not that the TV at the rental was subscribed to the channels we needed, but I listened to the Bruins on the radio, and she checked on her game regularly as well. (Neither of us enjoyed the end results of the games, so let’s move on.)

The weather, meanwhile, went from overcast with some sun and blue sky breaking through:



To heavy downpour with thunder, so I’m glad we weren’t trying to do anything outdoors. It cleared somewhat, later in the afternoon. We decided to go to Sam Choy’s for dinner, and whatever sunset sky there might be, and the rest of today’s photos are from there.








2 comments:

  1. Ice cream bean?

    So many questions.

    Dr. Google offers, "Basically a yard-long candy bar that grows on a tree, most people will be sufficiently impressed by the size of this fruit and its delicious flavour." Okay then. I'll just have to book a trip to Hawaii too to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to grocers and farmers markets when I travel. I just love to see what is on offer at other places and I rarely leave without buying something!

    ReplyDelete