Monday, January 02, 2023

Getting There

I mentioned last month that I was making plans to join my aunt for part of her trip to Hawaii (my brother is also going to go for part of it). I made my plane reservations that week: from Florida to San Francisco nonstop on JetBlue, using miles; plans to overnight in a hotel near the airport (still working on the hotel choice and reservation, the many options are currently overwhelming me); then a flight the next morning from SFO to Kona, on United. 

I'm hopeful that by making the trip two days each way, and only nonstops*, it won't be as hard on me as last time (which ended up being close to 20 travel hours in one day--no wonder I was a wreck by the time I got there, and got home again).

*No more four-airport days, thank you

For the return, I booked a flight from Kona to Oakland, so I could spend the night at my brother's before going cross-country again, though after the recent mess, you can imagine how I feel about flying Southwest for even one flight. Hopefully they'll be straightened out by then? They're the only ones with a nonstop from KOA to OAK, and given that my brother lives in Oakland, getting to him from SFO is much more of a production, which I'd rather avoid.

So complicated. I know I'll have a good time, but right now I'm just tired thinking about it.

3 comments:

  1. This is really one of the reasons I don't travel. I hate the preparing for it part - I would definitely be a travel agent's dream client - I don't have opinions, I just want it to done without me having to do research and make decisions. God speed in your planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I despise this aspect of travel so much! Good for you for getting it done! And I am so glad you were able to find nonstop flights. That curbs some of the stress at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holding my breath along with you (we're trying again to travel on Southwest soon) and hoping you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete