Thursday, July 28, 2022

A Tiny Moment of Brilliance

Not to pat myself on the back, but I had such a good idea the other day that I had to share it with you. Mind you, this isn't advice that's going to be helpful to everyone, but anyway.

I mentioned before that two books I'm highly excited for this year are both being published on November first, Freya Marske's and Everina Maxwell's. Then this week I found out that Victoria Goddard has a new one coming that I am also dying to read, and guess when it comes out? Yup. The Hands of the Emperor is a great favorite of mine, and then I loved The Return of Fitzroy Angursell, so of course I need to get At the Feet of the Sun as soon as I can. I joked to my mother that I should take a vacation day on the first of November to deal with all this bounty.

And then I had a thought. A flash of brilliance.

See, the Goddard is an ebook, so I will get it in a flash of crystals through the ether on publication day, like Mike Teavee in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.


But the other two are coming in print, and what happens if they don't come early in the day? I'd be sitting around, fretting through my vacation day?

So, I'm taking November second off instead. I can read the ebook after work on the first, and then have the two hardcovers to read on the second. I can hardly wait. I will lay in snacks, and turn off my phone, and gorge on reading. Bliss.

3 comments: