Saturday, December 10, 2022

Feeling Jangled

I don't even mean that in a Christmas way, though I'm not entirely ready for the holiday and should perhaps be feeling slightly more pressure than I do. But it's been a bit of a week here. 

Nothing bad, really! But even though Mom's surgery and recovery went/are going really well, the situation is of course fluid, and I have to roll with things a bit more than I would prefer to, if you follow me. Oh, the nurse is coming in the morning? Some time between 9 and 11, so be ready! It's not even like I had any prep to do for it, but, I don't know. This week took it out of me.

Then there was the noise in the building that I mentioned on Thursday. They were back again on Friday! Making so much noise! And while we were out this morning running errands, at least one noise-producer was here this afternoon, circular saw noise of rrrrRRRRRRrrrrr over and over, and damn it, how long is this going on? Who is doing what, and why, and when will it STOP?

Deep breath. It's been a headachy week. Stress will do that to me.

And then. This fall, my aunt has been discussing a trip, wanting to go back to Hawaii for a few weeks next year, and my brother and I are each invited to go part of the time, and of course this week is when the planning and reserving all started happening. And look, I am not complaining about planning a trip to Hawaii, I know, I know, what a brat, I'm not a complete idiot, but at this stage it's mostly picking from what feels like a thousand different options for getting there, and how much time/money/energy cost there is for each option, and it was just kind of a lot to deal with. I'll have a good time once I'm there, but even for a planner, this was A Lot, this week.

1 comment:

  1. I find scheduling and planning for trips harder than it should be. And always, once we get there, it's like, what was my problem.

    Take lots of pictures in Hawaii, I'm looking forward to seeing them!

    ReplyDelete