Thursday, January 29, 2009

This recipe is much too easy


Last night, I was looking through blog posts in my Reader that I had flagged for the recipes, and when I saw this one, I realized, I actually have all the ingredients in the house! And it's an easy recipe (relevant since I don't like to start cooking at 9PM on a work night). So, why not?

Oh. So. Good.

It's not fancy, but it's simple, and it's delicious. My biggest problem with these bars is that I like them not too cold (not right out of the fridge) and not at room temp, so I keep moving the pan in and out. And actually, although the words "too much chocolate" are not ones I like to use together, I will say that I could have used less, since proportionally, it's a little too much that way. But still so good! I made a half recipe (in an 8 by 8 pan), and it's going fast. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks, Maggie!

In cat news, this new girl* is a player. I find toys everywhere, step on them in the night, and am considering hiding all the jingly ones since an event this morning half an hour before the alarm went off.

*We're trying a new name: Miri, for the miracle of how well she's settling in here. I kind of like it ... we'll see.

Harold is a casual toy-player, who will attack something for a while and then forget all about it. He will sometimes casually lie on a toy so that no one can see it, but he really loves his latest piece of plastic far more than any other item.

She threw us a toy ... have you seen it?

Toy? What toy? Nope, I haven't seen anything.

5 comments:

  1. Love that shot of her curvy tail -- what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girl has a real cork screw there :)

    How about a specific link to the recipe, please? Or, you could just email it to me... (I'm so lazy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute ~ the way Harold tucks away that skein of yarn, like a little football. :)

    And the picture of the two...Harold could be saying, "It's mine, mine,
    ALL Mine"

    Too cute!
    And er, ummm, yes, I'd like the recipe, too, Please? I went to Maggie's blog and looking around, didn't see it. The recipe, I mean. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, where's the edit or delete button?? I'd clicked on "Maggie", not on the earlier link....

    *bows her head and slinks away...*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, now I want to go make those AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete