Saturday, January 31, 2009

Of cats and flowers

This may be the best photo I've gotten of her yet.


Though I still haven't captured the black whiskers. One day she will sit still long enough!

In the "karma is a bitch" department, Harold learned today:


...just how Pan felt, all those times when he was comfortable and Harold came along and inserted himself.


Harold's nose is a little out of joint these days. That, too, will improve in time.

The Tale of the Bulbs

I bought the bulbs because I had to have some Spring around. Last Saturday:


Monday the hyacinths were peeking out.


By Wednesday, we had ruffled-y tulips (?) and the start of a mini daffodil.


There was also a little mystery shoot that looked like this Wednesday night:


And like this on Thursday morning:


That photo looks better un-rotated. Damn you, Blogger. Anyway, can anyone identify the flower? I don't think I've ever seen its like before.

Friday, we were here, and a nice place to be:


There's still one to come, by the looks of this:


I so enjoy hope. And anticipation. And Spring.

3 comments:

  1. The blue thing is a crocus. You found a wonderful spring garden of tulip, crocus, hyacinth and daffodil. Lucky you! I shall have to visit the florist again next soon as I just threw away three beautiful hydrangea from last weekend.

    Poor Harold (with my tongue firmly inserted into my cheek!)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That there blue thing sure looked like something from the miniature iris family to me, but I can see why Leslie identified it as a crocus. Since I live in denial most days, I will continue to think of it as an iris with strong crocus tendencies. It is a glorious bulb garden. I love the Hyacinth scent!

    My winter indoor bulb garden is all gone, with the leaves dying back, waiting to be taken into storage for another season. Now I want a new one just like yours!

    I think Harold likes her... and I am glad you do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IMO, crocus with iris tendencies. Herself/Miri looks even more like a sweetie now we've seen her face properly. It's great they're snuggling already, however reluctant Harold is pretending to be!

    ReplyDelete