Monday, January 26, 2009

I may be on to something here

Harold just came along to see about having some lap time. I said, "Sure, come here, buddy. Who's my bubba-boy? Hello, luv-a-duck. How's my baby boy?"

And then I realized why I might be having trouble naming Herself. Hmmm.

I don't really need a name to use when I'm speaking to her, but when I'm speaking of her. I call her honey and sweetie and little girl and all that nonsense. But somehow "Harold and Little Girl" doesn't work. Xenia may be on to something: Harold and Herself. Maybe.

They were play-fighting, tussling, tonight. I wasn't expecting that so soon! But honestly, they were not fighting ... they were playing. Nice to see. They aren't friends 100% of the time, but it seems to be more each day. And I do feel that Harold is less attention-deprived than he was before she came. Good thing, too.

I am kitty, hear me roar! (Or yawn)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe they are already doing so well together. You are a fantastic cat mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be a bit awkward to go to the vet and say, "I'm bringing in Harold and THE OTHER ONE for checkups..." Perhaps a name might be a good idea...LOL

    :) JLKB

    ReplyDelete