Saturday, January 03, 2009

Knitting Summary, 2008

Here's what I knit in 2008, more or less. I kept track as the year went by, and double-checked with a swift pass through my photos, but I can't swear that I didn't forget to add something. Still, this is the lion's share. The dates are (sometimes approximate) finish dates.
  • white hat, 1/1
  • gray hat, 1/5
What can I say, I rang in last year in the midst of a hat craze. I still have these two hats and one other waiting to give to a shelter or something, since I made too many for one person to wear, even one person who hates winter weather. They're plain, but warm.


This is the second one I made just like this. So simple! So warm! I was wearing the other one today. Yeah, I don't know why I finished one and immediately made another one just like it. Sometimes knitting is funny that way.

  • (not a) baby hat, 1/12
The pattern claimed it was a baby hat, and yes I know baby heads are surprisingly large, but dude. No way.

  • actual baby hat #1, 1/16
  • actual baby hat #2, 1/19
So I made two like this instead. Yes, this time two identical hats was the plan: these were for my friend's twins.

  • me mittens in rainbow, 2/4
Next, I took the happy yarn and made myself mittens. (Me no likey winter weather, 'member?)


And since I thought I could use more, I started another pair after that:

  • me mittens in gray, 95% done
These are still at this level of completion. As you may notice, there's something a little ... off ... about that second thumb. Someday, I will rip and fix. Probably.

  • hearts for parents, 1/10
I sent some love to my parents.

  • heart baby blanket for friend's baby, 8/4
  • Banish February socks, 99% finished
You recall when I fessed up about the finishing problem? I may actually finish these some day.

  • diamond scarf for friend's birthday, 3/24
  • P-for-new baby pillow, 6/10

And for his new big sister, a heart protecting a smaller heart (or possibly a heart growing with more love; sappy interpretations aplenty).

  • sea socks 10/11
I must say, even though these are too big, I do like wearing them. Though it's annoying that they haven't shrunk, when the previous pair has shrunk until I can no longer wear them. Socks are a fickle knitting mistress.


  • catnip mouse toy, 1st 9/13
I made a bunch of these, including the sock yarn one above for my mother for Christmas.

  • tulips for Grandma, 10/4
  • Linus blanket, 11/8
This one was for a friend's baby, with grab points at the corners.

  • Christmas light, 12/20
  • simple stripe scarf, 12/24
  • Happy Feet rainbow socks, sock one done 12/13
I am giving myself credit for half a pair. It counts in 2008! And the sock really is finished, just not photographed. If you don't trust me yet...

  • OpArt baby blanket, not done.
It's also hard to tell how done it is, since the idea of taking all those stitches off the needles to stretch the edge out does not appeal. But I'm pleased with how much is done, and it continues to move.


Really, quite a lot got done when I look back. I'm pleased with it, at any rate!

Today was an annoying day. Such things happen, but I resent them on weekends. However, dinner smells almost ready, and I will go eat, and do some nothing much, and hope the annoying-ness is done with me for now. Cross your fingers, would you?

2 comments:

  1. I like it. A good mix if flat things and round things, fat yarn and skinny yarn. I'm more than happy to give you points for the half finished things--that blanket astonishes me every time I see it. How many stitches are on the needles now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You accomplished quite a bit. I know I was impressed with how quickly you made the flowers and christmas decoration. And that op-art baby blanket does it too me every time. I'd have to give up my nightly 2 glasses of wine if I were knitting on that.

    I love the wallpaper on your laptop - it looked like your mittens were going to rub Harold's tummy :)

    ReplyDelete