Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Getting Closer All the Time

This morning, the cats were close to each other in that "I'm ignoring you" way that cats do so well.


And shortly thereafter:


So I'd say it's going well. It's not 100% hiss-free, but every day is a little better.

Tonight they were simply adorable, but I couldn't take the picture because I was in it. (Where is a court photographer when you need one?) They were both on the back of the sofa, looking like a split yin-yang symbol. Their noses were about 6 inches apart, if that, and paws were touching. It was very promising.

It's an off night for the Bruins (after they Blew It yesterday, very disappointing), so I will take this opportunity to criticize the team's new slogan (nothing against Lucic, he was just in the picture where I found it):


Sorry to tell you, guys, but I don't want it "bad"; I want it "badly".

If you keep playing well (or rather, get back to playing well), I will forgive you for not pandering to the English majors.

4 comments:

  1. When I rant about language mistakes in the print or broadcast media these days, my husband (the retired world language teacher) tells me "Get over it. English is evolving and leaving you behind."

    I'm so glad to see "the kids" learning how to share space. Does Harold know you (still)love him best??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see the felines are adjusting.

    And I'm so with you on the new slogan. Languages evolve--absolutely. But can you imagine the mess that evolution would be without us curmudgeons to provide some "natural selection" on which new "features" stand the test of derision? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you do it. This is closer than my two cats ever get, and they've been together for 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy about your kitties, that's a wonderful adjustment.

    ReplyDelete