Thursday, January 01, 2009

Are you a reader? I am!


My 2008 Personal Reading Index

For someone who included the word "read" in her blog name, I don't write about reading all that often. However, that does not mean I haven't been reading! Because I have, yes indeed.

As I did last year, I summarized the books I read in 2008. In 2007, my total was 88, which I thought at the time was on the low side. In 2008? Drumroll please...

122. That's more like it. Of that total, 55 were books I read for the first time, and 67 re-reads. I got 51 from the library.

Interestingly, the numbers were very up and down. In December, I only managed three; being depressed takes up so much time. But in September, my first month after being laid off? Why, 17, thank you. I am ostrich, see me read.

I need to put photos together with the list of what I knit last year, so that post will have to wait. The Bruins game is about to start, and I need to see if the boys can pull off ten wins in a row. (I bet they can.)

Right at this minute, things are going well. I had a headache that is at least temporarily gone; I saw a movie and had lunch with a friend today; I only have to work tomorrow and then it's the weekend. Things could be worse. And some days, that's good enough.

Go, Bruins! The way they've been playing is the one thing from 2008 that I would like to bring into 2009 unchanged.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 2009 to you and Harold!

    I didn't count all the book I read since the majority are on audio books for the commute but I will admit to expanding the repertoire from comedy/romance to some biography and current events.

    I love short weeks and am letting myself get depressed since there won't be another one until April...(unless I call in sick)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So many! I'd have to think for awhile to come up with my total. But it won't be anywhere near yours.

    ReplyDelete