Friday, January 02, 2009

My brain seems to be bigger than my skull

Can someone tell me what good hormonal swings do me? Seriously? Because right now, it seems like all they do is trigger headaches.

And given that my other major trigger is stress, I really don't need the help.

At least this isn't a major, whopper, curl-up-in-a-ball-and-want-to-die headache. But it is a stubborn, treatment-resistant, not-going-away headache.

One that, for most of the day, has courteously taken turns with the cramps.

One that will take a step away, raising my hopes, then pop back.

Sigh. And the benefit to hormones is? Anyone?

Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. Hey, it's the weekend at least! I will try the power of positive thinking, an excellent example of which is here:

cat

Or something. Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. My monthly migraines stopped cold when I replaced my morning coffee with decaf.

    I read about doing this from a doctor friend, tried it myself (very doubtful), and found myself migraine-free since the switch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better. I myself am sure tha hormones are the root of all evil, but am biased. Have you tried Goody's? It's gross tasting normally pretty effective.

    ReplyDelete