Friday, June 23, 2023

It's a Mystery

The sock I've been knitting most recently is at a turning point (literally, at the heel), which means it needs to be gotten around the corner before it can be carry-around knitting again.

So I went digging for what I knew were a couple of socks-in-progress to find one for carrying around (I always have one in my purse), and I found a surprise.

Sometime between October 2020, when I got this yarn, and now, I started a sock with it, in my usual pattern (Simple Skyp Socks). 

And, very unusually, I did not put the project in Ravelry*! I always do that! Reliably! Except apparently not this time. (I didn't seem to have blogged about it, either, which I usually do.)

*The yarn itself is in Ravelry, but not associated with a project.

Wow, when you do something 99% of the time, that 1% is so confusing.

Anyway, after a while, it occurred to me that the other thing I (almost) always do is take pictures of winding yarn and starting projects, and a scroll through my archive found the relevant photos in May 2021. With the date narrowed down, I could look more closely in the blog, and sure enough, there it was. I was preparing in case I had to go in for jury duty, and given how I was dreading that, I think it explains how I skipped the whole part about listing the project in Ravely. At least there's a reason.

Maggie thinks it isn't much of a reason. She may be right.


1 comment:

  1. That foot is asking, Hey, where's MY sock?

    But wow, those are seriously pretty.

    ReplyDelete