Monday, June 05, 2023

Yarn x Three (Stores), Plus Pre

In addition to all the fun I had on my trip north, seeing friends and eating great food, I managed to visit three different yarn stores, and did not leave any empty-handed. (I want to get this up quickly [finished is better than perfect], but if you have any questions on the yarns/colors, let me know.)

The haul looks like it was chosen by two different people with very different color taste.


Two skeins of Feliz, in a colorway that makes me think of sea glass.

Two skeins from Wonderland, in also muted colors.

Then we hit the sale rack and got these fun lightweight skeins of Viento.
Chainette!

Look at all the colors in this mini of KFI Indulgence

And then I picked up this skein of Serena. It was next to a skein that was multicolored, and I remembered that I had some of it in multis at home, and I thought it would coordinate well.
When I got home and and pulled this out, it wasn't as great a match as I hoped.
But then I realized that I pulled out the wrong multi. This one is much better!
I don't know yet what it will be, but that's okay.

After all that, I had no plans to buy any yarn, but then this popped up on Instagram as a preorder.
Just gorgeous!
Being patient is not something I'm good at, but this is worth waiting for.

Bought anything pretty lately?

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I honestly rarely buy anything that isn't food, a gift, or related to the pets. I did buy a new copy of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn for myself and it's gorgeous! Yay for new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't knit or sew, but I scrolled through these in a colour-mad trance - how beautiful! Can't wait to see what you do with them. My husband's cousin is getting married in the fall - our first wedding in years - and has asked the women to wear black dresses (if we want to) and I found a really fun one with a ridiculous number of ruffles - probably my prettiest recent purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! I hope you have a great time at the wedding.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful yarn! I used to knit a lot before I got married and had kids! I mostly made scarves and hats. There was a year where I made a bunch of tiny ornaments - like tiny sweaters and stockings and such. The yarn shop I used to go to for yarn and classes closed years ago and I have sort of fallen out of the habit. But I'd like to get back into it someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a big part of my life now, but it wasn't always: things like knitting can wax and wane, as your life does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got back into knitting bigtime when my kids were 2, 4, 6, and 8 years old: I needed something that Stayed Done.

    ReplyDelete