Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Late Night, Tired

I stayed up late last night to watch the Vegas Golden Knights win the Stanley Cup, and while it was very satisfying to see the team that knocked the Bruins out of the playoffs be beaten soundly in the final (4 games to 1 in a best-of-seven series, and the score last night was 9-3), staying up meant I'm running on about two hours less sleep today than I normally would be, and whoa. It was a long, dopey day.

I was also working on a report whose writer does not count English as her first language, so it's more of a challenge than the average bear. The good news is I finished that one, and the next one looks like it might be ... pretty well done? Is that allowed? We'll see how it goes.

I'm tired.

Maggie is cute. This is neither new, nor news, but come on. So cute.







9 comments:

  1. I honestly don't know how come we think cats are so much cuter than say opossums, but why are cats so cute?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just are! I can't explain it. I took at least a dozen photos of Maggie rolling around this morning, and thought, I just can't blog these tonight! But soon. She is too cute.

      Delete
  2. To NGS above: my first thought is, because opossums will never make you laugh the way a cat can. Nor will they to make you while pretending they're not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get SO messed up if I get less than the normal amount of sleep! And I find it takes me a couple of days to catch up, too!

    Maggie is SO adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you--it's nice to have an audience who agree with me on her cute factor. I have been know to warn people who want to be friends on social media that they shouldn't do it if they don't want to see a lot of cat pictures.
      I'm still tired today, yes, but not as bad as yesterday!

      Delete
  4. Tabbies with white paws have more than their share of charm.

    I sympathize with you about sleep. If my sleep is disrupted in any way, it's a nightmare (no pun intended). I hope you can get back on track easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would say I'm back to normal, which for me means I'm still tired (because I'm always tired), but functional!

      Delete
  5. I'd be a wreck with 2 hours less sleep than I normally get! I am very inflexible when it comes to sleeping! And yes, cats are the absolute cutest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just, though? And boy, doesn't she know it. Quite sure the world revolves around her.

      Delete