Wednesday, June 21, 2023

A Lingering Effect

It's nine months since hurricane Ian upended life here, and while we were so very lucky in the grand scheme of things and are not, like some areas, still dealing with unspeakable damage, it was A Lot to go through. My first hurricane bug-out!

I'm kind of realizing again that I have some PTSD from it, as hurricane season gets underway and I have to watch storm paths again. (Good news is that Bret is currently not headed at me, yay.)  The idea of having to evacuate is giving me flashbacks to September, and wow, I hope we don't have to do that again this year.

But of course we will if we have to. Just, cross your fingers that we don't have to?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry it's bringing up some bad feelings. It's always so shocking what will and won't have long-reaching emotional consequences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, the storms haven't come near us, but I really wasn't expecting the flashback! Take it one storm at a time, I guess.

      Delete
  2. Hugs. It's been since '89 with the Loma Prieta quake and I still occasionally glance up at light posts and overpasses to see if they're swaying before driving on them, and I very much do not like to be stopped in traffic under a bridge.

    ReplyDelete