Tuesday, June 20, 2023

The Answer Is Four Months

And the question is, how long would it take after my yarn windfall in January for me to get back to my yarn-buying ways?

As I said one month later, "I'm not going to say it will be a long time before I buy any, because that would be tempting fate" and who wants to tempt fate? But in fact, other than the yarn I bought for the sweater-in-progress, in March (update to come, it's going well), it was four months later. 

I bought yarn on my trip up north in May, and mentioned in that post that in late May I preordered some gorgeous rainbow Pride yarn from Blue Brick (which I am anxiously awaiting--preorders are not ideally suited to my want-it-now ordering style).

In early June, I didn't buy but asked for a couple of skeins from Blue* Barn Fiber, of a colorway she mentioned planning to dye. She said she would try to do two on the base I want (it has cashmere!), and if she does, I will happily buy that, but does it count as a yarn purchase? Yes, no, maybe.

*Yes, I do mix up the two Blues, constantly.

And then, Midknit Cravings has a sale over the weekend, and I have a few skeins coming from that. Which already shipped, yay, but it's coming from Canada, so it will take a few weeks, sigh.

And just like that, I'm back.


5 comments:

  1. Don't ask me about my fabric stash. I won't admit to any of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never ask such a personal question!

      Delete
  2. I managed to buy almost no yarn for a year while buying embroidered blouses and gerdans from Ukrainian artists.

    And then Colourmart started putting some of their dk cashmere yarns at half price, making the cost of an afghan in Malabrigo Rios and that cashmere about equal. I can just picture the people at Colourmart going, Another?? one to her?? Because that brown was just not the right brown for that tree trunk but this other one that wasn't on sale last month but is now is. Etc.

    Enjoy your blues! And the anticipation of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me but with books. Right down to the pre-orders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss my yarn buying days! I used to have quite a stash but I ended up giving much of it away during a huge purge of stuff a couple of years ago! Hopefully I'll pick up my knitting needles again when my kids are a bit older!

    ReplyDelete