Thursday, December 29, 2022

Recruited

Every once in a while, I'll have a recruiter reaching out to me about a job, even though I'm not looking for one, and they tend to be fairly off-base: temporary positions, in-person in Delaware, require qualifications I've never heard of, that sort of thing. But today's was so far off base that it's funny, so I have to share.

My phone rang first, and as it was a number I didn't know and just said New Jersey, I cut it off.

It started ringing again immediately, and I cut it off again.

I got a text message at the same moment as the voice mail about it, and then a minute later an email as well.

And the position? Echocardiographer. Hmm. I am dubious that they "have reviewed your profile and it looked like a good match for the job position below." But let's keep an open mind and see what it needs.

"Required Exp: 2+ years of Echo experience with transthoracic echocardiography and dobutamine stress echocardiography. Knowledge of Cardiology, Medical Terminology, basic Physics, Biology and Anatomy"

Well, I have some knowledge of medical terminology! Probably more than your average English major does. None of the rest of it, though. Any more detail?

"The Echocardiographer is responsible for preliminary echocardiographic measurements, summarizing diagnostic data and communicating information to manager or requesting physician. Performs a variety of technical duties using phono-apexcardiograms, imaging duplex and ultrasound equipment."

Nope, nope, nope! Not me. (There's also no mention of pay, if like me you were curious what that job gets.)

Also, loved this part: "Shift: 40h 8:00am-4:30p. weekend and holidays if needed"

I'm afraid I do need weekends and holidays, yes.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! That's so funny. I wonder how they found you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! This is hilariously bad recruiting strategy! Sounds more like spam than a legitimate recruiter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The phone, the text, the email... Was there a little echo in there?

    ReplyDelete