Saturday, December 03, 2022

The Countdown Calendar

Thank you all for the compliments on my countdown calendar! I feel like it must have made an appearance before--I've had it for decades--but perhaps not front and center. So today is the day!

My grandmother gave me the calendar, so many years ago, and if I remember correctly (which is kind of a crapshoot, but no one's left to correct me), her good friend Stella, who was a quilter, is the one who made it. The top features a Christmas tree:

And along the bottom are pockets to hold a different item for every day.
They stick on with velcro, which is holding up remarkably well, I'm happy to say.

When I put it away each year, I take the accumulated items off and put each in a pocket, so it's ready to go the following year. You can see Santa peeking out of 24; Rudolph is in 23, the star for the top of the tree is in 22, and before that are presents to put under the tree and ornaments on it. It's fun to watch the tree get more and more full as Christmas comes closer.

And that's it! Any questions, requests for close-ups, anything?

2 comments:

  1. It is absolutely adorable and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool. She's with you every Christmas, still.

    ReplyDelete