Saturday, December 17, 2022

Startitis, Again

Here comes the knitting anti-monogamy again!

Sometimes I just feel the urge to cast on one new project after another, you know? Earlier this month, I ran across a red-and-white skein of self-striping yarn from String Theory Colorworks, and on impulse cast on a Ruffles Scarf to see if it would knit up like a candy cane. And the answer is, kind of yes! It's hard to get a good photo of, but here's what I have:



So I'm having fun with that. And then this morning, I was thinking about how, on some headachy mornings, I would like something light and warm on my head and neck (so not a regular hat), and I took a quick look on Ravelry, and here's this pattern that calls itself a balaclava, Bonbec, that looks like it would do that. 

And it calls for DK yarn, and how about that, I just happen to have recently bought some really nice DK, which as it's baby alpaca, silk, and cashmere, would feel light and lovely on my headachy head, I think.

I haven't cast it on yet (I haven't even bought the pattern). But don't be surprised if I do.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, soft, too. You're making my fingers itch to get to work, and thank you very much for that.

    ReplyDelete