Thursday, December 08, 2022

Counting, Counting

I don't want to freak anyone out, but the countdown calendar says we're one-third of the way through the countdown! It doesn't seem possible.

My personal stress today was high, though not for that reason. And no, it's not that I'm all ready for Christmas: I have some wrapping and mailing to get done that I just haven't. But today, on top of this week's post-Mom's-surgery stress, it turned out that there were two (or three?) very noisy projects being done in the building, and the noise, oh my god. 

One was our next-door neighbor getting a new front door, and even with her spy-cam doorbell to integrate, I have no idea how it could take so long and be so loud. The other project(s)? I don't even know. But there were times when two drills were wailing simultaneously. Sounds of electric sawing. Bang bang bang, and a lot of clang-drop-the-tool-on-the-ground noise. My poor head.

They both wrapped up around 3, and the silence afterward was so loud. Marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment