Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Sniff, Sniff, Sniff

I ran some errands yesterday, one of which was stopping in at Lowe's to see if they had any wreaths left, or other fragrant greenery, to bring the smell of Christmas into the house. We have an ornament tree to hold certain favorites, and it's pretty, but it lacks that scent.

Unsurprisingly, six days before Christmas, pickings were slim*, but they had a few of these potted things left that had a variety of greenery, and if some of it was past its best, well, they charged me about 80% off, and for under six dollars, I'll take it happily.

*I believe they had four Christmas trees left.

It smells really good! 
Maggie for scale. We'll move it inside after the cleaners are done today; it's scenic on the lanai, but inside is where we want that smell.

Here are a few other angles of the ornament tree, with the cat inspector:

And from the side, with a backdrop of knitting needle display.
And a few other recent sights, just for amusement.

Or horror, in the case of Valentine's candy already out on the shelf. In December! I was appalled.

And can anyone explain Joan of Arc as a brand name for beans?
We had to buy the vodka in the sweater. Has a bit of an attitude, doesn't it?
I hope you're doing well, or hanging in there at least. We've definitely had to tone down some expectations this year, and I am more or less managing to be okay with some things not getting done. My brother comes in tomorrow, we'll be together, and that's what matters most.

4 comments:

  1. Valentine's chocolates!!! That's a rush on the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valentine's! Count me as appalled!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan of Arc beans?!?!?!

    I was in Tuesday Morning the other day and they also have Valentine's Day items out. WHY?!?!? Just allow it to be the holiday it is!

    Love your ornament tree and the greenery display. And the cat inspector -- this must be a very exciting time of year for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the Joan is from Arc-ansas?

    Love the greenery and Maggie, and as for the chocolates, I dunno--someone needs some explaining that mistletoe doesn't mean doing quite like that on the retail end.

    ReplyDelete