Thursday, December 15, 2022

Yum! Ho, Ho, Ho

I first mentioned Garrett's caramelcorn (they call it caramel crisp) in 2020, when I got some for Mom for mother's day and she loved it. I've gotten it for her since, and I love it too, enough that for my birthday this year, I mentioned to my brother that I wouldn't mind getting some for myself. (Which he did send, bless him, and it was so good.) I've also sent some as gifts, which have been enthusiastically received.

So this year, when I ran across a sale on a really, really big tin, I decided that the three* of us should have a very caramelcorn Christmas, and it arrived today.

*My, Mom, and my brother--not Maggie!

It is big (the Family size tin, which the website says is 35 cups).

And so, so good.
Anyone want to make a guess when it will be finished?

3 comments:

  1. How long will that big tin last? Believing that your will power far outstrips mine I'll give it 7 days from the time you start it, less if you wait until your brother arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my husband's favorite kind of thing. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my Garrett Popcorn story. I was flying from Milwaukee to Toronto with a layover in Chicago for work. I was excited about this stopover in Chicago because it meant I could go to the Garrett Popcorn stand at O'Hare and buy popcorn. There was delay after delay and I was super glad I had bought popcorn because I was stress eating it like crazy. (You didn't ask, but I like the "Chicago blend" which is cheese & caramel.) ANYWAY. When I got to Toronto, they asked if I had any food items to declare and I held up my half-empty bag of popcorn and said "popcorn." The guy said, "came from Chicago?" and I just nodded. And that is that. I ate the entire bag before I did a lick of work in Toronto.

    ReplyDelete