Friday, February 17, 2023

Tired Report; Somehow, a Bit More Yarn

Y'all, I am still so tired. 

The chiropractor suggested yesterday that maybe I caught a bug on the way home and my immune system is busy fighting it off. I don't have any symptoms per se, other than a slight tickle in my throat and the all-encompassing weariness (and I did take at-home covid tests Sunday and again today, both of which were negative, fwiw). I've been home for two weeks; I want to get past this already. 

At least I get a three-day weekend now; thanks, Presidents Day.

~~~~~~~~~~

Now, about the yarn: no, I did not buy any yarn! After my recent tremendous windfall, well, I'm not going to say it will be a long time before I buy any, because that would be tempting fate, but it would take either an unreal sale or the most me yarn ever to tempt me. I want to go through the yarn I kept from that haul again; I feel like with the intervening trip, I've forgotten what I kept!

However. On the Friday morning, when I got back from the trip and was sitting on the lanai in a post-red-eye daze, my mother said that a friend from the charity shop was going to be stopping by that day to drop off a bag of yarn for me. I kind of blinked and said okay, and shortly thereafter went to "lie down for a minute" and napped for an hour or more. When I got up, the yarn was there.

It would have been sensible to leave it for another day, but of course I had to go poking through it on Friday, and I kept some (of course).

Not much, at least compared to the previous haul, but some fun happy things to play with. And the rest has gone to other knitters, to do some good and spread some fun.

We had the cleaners in yesterday, so I wanted to get the bags and piles of yarn put away. I had pulled all the project bags off the shelves I told you about, so I went ahead and piled the yarn in the open space. 

This is the rest of the weight class.

I want to take alllllll the fingering-weight yarn down sometime, spread it out, and sort through it, but for now, it's off the floor, which is a surprising relief. Between the yarn windfall and packing/unpacking, not much floor has been visible lately. The room looks much bigger now. And for a klutz like me, it's safer! (It's still a mess in spots, but less so on the floor; take what progress I can manage.)

I haven't figured out how to organize the project bags yet, but as the shelves were not working out well for that, it made sense to pull them out now anyway, and let the yarn expand. I'll have to figure out something for the bags, but that can wait. 

Although, if anyone wants to talk about how you organize your project bags, feel free! No detail too small.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a long time to still be tired after a trip! It's a good idea you got it checked out. Even if it's not Covid, there are lots of viruses that contribute to fatigue for sure. Hope you get some rest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the yarn stash!

    Someone moving away was in desperate need about six months ago of getting rid of a huge, old, tall, well-built oak wardrobe with doors and drawers that close up tight, and their next door neighbor thought of me. We made space for it quick and it's been amazing how much yarn has fit in there and how much easier it's been to organize.

    Not that all my yarn could fit in there, not by a long shot--but the stuff I'm most likely to work with next, on a regular basis--yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much yarn! It's just falling in your lap!

    ReplyDelete