Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Boston Trip, Part One

Let's pretend that I just got back from my trip up north, and that it hasn't been a few weeks in which I've barely talked about it. Hey, great trip! Let me tell you about it!

And show you, but, well. One of the times years ago when I visited my brother in San Francisco, we went to the zoo, and I took so many photos there, and so few anywhere else, that the photo album could have been captioned "CCR went to the zoo, oh and her brother was there too." This trip, I took a lot more pictures of my friends' pets than anything else! I'm staying on brand, that's for sure. But I did take some other photos.

Of course, some of the photos are extremely random. Like when I pulled out my backpack and noticed that it was in Ukraine colors, which is not something I was thinking of when I bought it a few years ago.

Or this odd little water formation, which is shaped sort of like South Carolina? Kind of? But what's that hole?
Like I said, random.

Pre-pandemic, I flew about twice a year, but it had been two and a half years, so it felt really weird to be doing it, especially with the masking. However, the tv at my seat let me watch NHL Network.
Water bottle and knitting.
And looking out the window. I like the window seat so that I have one direction where no one is pushing at me, but I also enjoy looking out. Before the end of the flight, I was getting claustrophobic, so it helped.
 


Boston in time for sunset!
And it was a good one.
There's an airline called Play, I guess? I'm not even googling it, I don't need to know. But they sure do have eye-catchingly red planes.
And JetBlue has a whole trailer dedicated to chocks and cones, who knew.
One of my friends picked me up at the airport, and then we stopped for takeout dinner to bring to her house. And her husband gave me this sticker:
How perfect for me! He's a keeper.

As are their dogs: super cute #1:

And #2:

In the morning, I got a tour of my friend's beautiful garden. She's done a ton with a not-huge space. I'll end this part with those photos.













4 comments:

  1. I always take photos of people's pets - far more often than I take photos of people!

    How did you feel on the plane? Were people masking? I'm still masking indoors and I'm quite squeamish about public transport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to have Jeff take a group photo of all of us when you were visiting! I'm sad that I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are alliums among us! Gorgeous garden. Cute dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband also likes the window seat, but I am aisle all the way, baby!

    ReplyDelete