Wednesday, July 06, 2022

Bookworm Problem; Fireworks; Maggie

Since discovering Anne Bishop's The Others books recently, I have torn through them, bought most of them (the last is new in hardcover), and all I want is to read more of them, even though I have read all of them multiple times already.

Meanwhile, my book club meeting is coming up and I need to read the book for it, but I don't want to, I want to read Anne Bishop.

Wah.

Meanwhile meanwhile, our local fireworks on the 4th were competing with a lightning storm, and though most of my pictures came out fuzzy, these at least give you an idea. Fireworks to the right, lightning to the left.





Pretty neat! Maggie, of course, was nowhere to be found while such noises were going on. But at other times, she's been her usual cute self.





Rahr!

3 comments:

  1. Reading book club books when you have other (better) books to read is rough! Love the pictures of Maggie - Independence Day must be so hard for cats and dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suddenly have Steely Dan singing in my head, Fireworks to the right of me, lightning to the left, here I am, stuck in the middle with you. (The 'with you' part being the good part.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our cat does not even flinch at fireworks, but our dog is terrified. It's so weird how different their little personalities are! I hate it when book club books become homework. I was the one who suggested our current book, but I don't really even want to read it!!

    ReplyDelete