Friday, July 29, 2022

Boston Trip, Part Five (not quite the end, but almost)

On my last full day up north, my friend and I had a quiet hanging-out morning, part of which I spent smiling in their garden.



Her nephew brought over a seedling and said it was a cucumber. Some time later, we suspect sunflower.
Tomatoes-to-be!

After an early lunch (yum, Bertucci's), we drove by where I used to live (looks much the same; yelling neighbor was not out and audible), and then went back to Wilson's so I could get more peas, and also hit up one of my favorite ice cream stores, Rancatore's, so I could get some gingersnap molasses, serious yum. 


I needed to shell the peas, of course, and it was a lovely day to sit outside and do that.


We had been invited to another friend's for dinner, but J had something erupt at work that she needed to take care of, so I borrowed her car and went on my own. Turns out that you don't forget how to drive on 128, even at rush hour. At least, I haven't yet.

I had a wonderful time visiting with them, so I don't want you to think the evening was all about the cats for me, but I hadn't met one of their cats before, and it was so nice to get to do so. And I'm not putting up people photos without permission, but the cats don't mind if I do.

They have two cats. The older one I have met before: she is floofy.

I mean, your hand sinks in.

The younger cat has similar coloring, but is not floofy.

Pretty view from above.
Wild coloring on the tail.
And while some of my photos of her are not blurry:
Many of them are. She's young, energetic, and a semi-perpetual motion machine. So while I got some of this:


I got more of this:



And also this:




But she looks so innocent, when she sits still.

Okay, I lied, I'm going to crop my friend mostly out of this photo, but look how patient the older kitty is. She just sat there, not troubled at all, for some time.

"What, like cats don't always sit on laps this way?"

I eventually wrenched myself away from some of my favorite people to get to my packing, for Tuesday morning it would be off to the airport. Always sad to end such a great trip.

The travelogue is almost done! Just the return trip to whine about. I would say the fun part of the story is over!

2 comments:

  1. Those Maine coon cats are so easygoing. I have a friend with a giant, floofy, oh so tolerant cat like that and I just adore him. Zelda would kill a bitch if I tried to hold her like that! And the colors on the "naked" (what I call short-hair) cat are so beautiful! You were so lucky to get to hang out with them. (And I'm sure it was lovely for you to see friends, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've probably told you this story, but Floof Cat reminds me of when we borrowed the neighbor's aging orange Persian, combed his fur, and I spun up a two-ply about 18" long. Borrowing an idea from Spinner magazine, I got two large round toothpicks, glued a pearl-type bead at each end, and knitted up a small rectangle on needles and then moved it onto the toothpick, putting a dab of glue on the end to make it look like a dangling wound-up ball of cat fur. I don't remember how I got a pin backing but I did and glued that on. So now our neighbor had a pin made from her beloved cat. She ended up putting it on her refrigerator door for years.

    ReplyDelete