Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Boston Trip, Part Three (not the end)

As I ended Part Two, Mary Ellen was dropping me at another friend's house. J and I have been friends since we were five, so it's really my second family. I got there midday, and she and I went out for lunch, then stopped for a special treat for me:

I cannot TELL you how pleased I was when I realized, a few weeks before the trip, that I was going to overlap with fresh pea season. I had assumed it would be done by then, but no, perfect timing.
I love fresh peas. Seriously. See?
Just bought a few. I enjoyed eating them so much! It's one of the healthiest foods I love. (I know, I know, starchy vegetables aren't as good for you as others. Shut up. They're vegetables and I love them. I win.)

I did have to laugh at another sign I noticed there. Not sure if the writer ran out of space, or just went with the "it has most of the letters" school of spelling, but ahem. Not quite.
This doesn't really have anything to do with anything, but my friend introduced me to these and oh my, so good! Caramel and chocolate and pretzels, you're singing my song.
Unfortunately, their website is not coming up with them. But hopefully I will encounter them again in my life.

Coming up next: Monday, in the rain, going up to the north shore for some yarn and eating. Teaser!

It really needs its own post. I took a lot of pictures.

1 comment: