Thursday, July 21, 2022

Boston Trip, Part Two

So as I said in part one, lots of pictures!

Another cute one of my friend's dogs! Waiting for treats, obviously.

Resting after wrassling. You can see my feet in the photo; sometimes she tried to protect my friend from me, but most of the time she decided I wasn't a threat.
Also resting.
Midday, friend #2 came over, and the three of us drove to the house of friend #3, Mary Ellen!

Where we were greeted by the skeptical Molly-cat.
The guinea pigs have a large enclosure.
From which to regard visitors even more skeptically. Do you see two pigs here?
Sniff sniff. "Who are you?"
Eventually they did come out and allow themselves to be seen and admired.

While Molly moved her nap elsewhere. We were probably disturbing her, sitting around talking and eating and knitting.
Although part of the time we were in the nice big back yard, which gave the pets a break from us. We ate at the table out there, delicious food to add to the good company. Thanks again for grilling, Jeff!
Such a great door mat.
The four of us (plus Jeff) had a great afternoon, but eventually it was time for the other two to head home, while I stayed to spend Saturday night. We had a nice, low-key evening; it works so well when everyone agrees on just how much energy they have (answer: not a whole lot).

Oh, look, Finn came out to inspect!
"Hmm, I guess you're allowed."
Close-up inspection.
Briefly on my lap.
Molly kept right on snoozing.
What, don't you sleep with your head on a paw full of claws?
Wide load!
Fun old-house feature: a vent in the floor of the guest room. Open:
Closed:
And from below:
More snoozing kitties.
Are you sensing a theme here?
Point that toe! Straight up!
And then retract all feet. No feet here. Cat loaf.
There was a little summer fest going on that night, and though none of us felt like being energetic enough to go, it turned out we could see the fireworks from the house!
So that was fun.

Finn came up to inspect the bed for me.
He only stayed a moment, though, as I touched something that rustled and he decided he had somewhere else to be.

In the morning, Molly inspected my bag again, to make sure nothing had been overlooked.
Then she took care of a catnip toy that was looking at her funny.
"See? I got it."
Finn struck a pose.
And slurped.
Molly considers a stray cat outside the window. No hissing, surprisingly, but attention paid on both sides
As I packed up, I looked at the view out the window and up. I do like to look out at trees.
Someone had herself an upside-down nap.
Roll, roll.

Accepting head scritches.


And after the peaceful hang-out morning, it was time to say goodbye. Mary Ellen drove me on to my next destination. I'm so glad I got to see their house; it's great.
I knit in the car, of course.
Is anyone surprised?

2 comments:

  1. Love it! So glad you had such a good time and the friends and dogs and cats did, too.

    Topped off by a perfect sock.

    ReplyDelete