Monday, March 12, 2007

While not wanting to tempt fate

Am I sick or not?

Much of last week, I had a wee bit of a sore throat, the merest hint of a fever. Nothing much, just enough to set off alarm bells: am I sick? Maybe? Maybe not?

Today, my nose is both stuffy and runny--lovely, like one wouldn't be enough! I keep blowing and blowing, I'm sneezing my head off, I know I'm verging on overshare, but jeepers, my head is all stuffed up, and I have to ask: am I sick, or not? I don't want to be, but there is a limit to how long I'm going to enjoy feeling like I'm coming down with something before I stop being grateful that I'm not sick, you know?

Of course, I may not be sick at all. Is it allergies? It doesn't seem like Spring yet to me, just like the dirty tail-end of winter*, but perhaps my nose disagrees. Or it could be yet another side effect of the migraine medication. It's so hard to know. In the meantime, the only thing I see with clarity is that I should have bought stock in Kleenex years ago.

*The temperature today (55, Feels Like 55) is a vast improvement over last week's 8, Feel Like -5. However, there is nothing green or blooming anywhere, and the tired snow is still greatly in evidence, sandy and dirty and blech. It just doesn't seem like Sneeze Season should have begun quite yet.

Then, the Bruins. Ye gods. They played that great game, and apparently it was supposed to last me through the next three games of playing with their heads, well, guess where, and then yesterday, when I was otherwise engaged and not watching the game, they beat Detroit, only second best record in the league, 6-3. How am I supposed to feel about that?

Well, I don't know how I'm supposed to feel, but I am miffed. Peeved. Severely irked.

They're off until Thursday. Should I watch, or not?

Knitting is happier news. The sock fit! I tried it on, with caution around those pointy yet fragile needles, and it fit. Whew. I have about half an inch to go before the heel begins. And I'm having fun with it, too.

And I finished the little secret project I mentioned last week. For the auction at work, I made a small square with the company logo on it. It turned out pretty well! The graphing it out was the hard part: actually knitting it was easy enough, and I found a good match for the color, the company color (I took a brochure into the store).

No photos, I'm afraid, as it's a subtle effect, but when I showed it to people at work, they recognized what it was meant to be without my having to explain, which is about all I could hope for. If it doesn't get bid upon at the auction, I'll hang it on the wall and have no regrets. (The auction does rather strike me as a popularity contest, in a way, but we try to rise above, right?)

And, I showed a friend how to knit yesterday, and she likes it! I did warn her that she would, by learning from me, be learning continental style, but she declared that after all we have always been very continental (mais oui, mais oui!), and that she was fine with that. Lesson One went well, anyway. So overall, very good times in knitting.

Finally, in blog-keeping news, I've opened an e-mail account for the blog, on the off-chance that anyone might wish to contact me less publicly than the comments (anyone who doesn't already have my "real" e-mail address, that is). If you so desire, you may e-mail me at ccrinma (at) hotmail (dot) com.

For my part, I will try to remember to check it on a semi-regular basis. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Think positive. You are NOT sick. Demented, maybe. Seasonal Affected Disorder, maybe. The end result is the same, but theoretically you will feel better about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete