Monday, March 19, 2007

Even cuter in person

The hat's done! I'm pleased with it, and may make another for myself, as I have more of that yarn left (note to self: cast on 72 stitches, size 10 needles), since it actually fits me quite well. Figures, when I'm not trying to make it to fit me.... I don't think I caught its best side, but photography's like that, for me anyway. The only reason the cat photos tend to come out well, I think, is that the cats are too cute for me to totally mess it up. Here, for example, is Pan helping me select my needles when I started the hat:

Why, look, it's something largely fur-free, that has not been thoroughly sniffed! This must be rectified immediately. Then he muses on what his nose has reported:
Hmmm ... it has an interesting bouquet ...

I finished reading The Namesake, the book of the movie I saw recently. It was interesting as further insight into the characters, but I'm not sure how I would have felt about it had I not seen the movie first. One of my friends has read it, didn't love it, but plans to see the movie, so I'll be interested to hear what she thinks of the film version. It's funny how people bring such different experiences to movies, and can like or dislike them from such vastly different places, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment