Monday, March 05, 2007

My weekend, in umpteen words or so

Last night was, I think, the best game the Bruins played all season. As the game was finishing, Jack Edwards started to say that it was the best 60-minute effort the team had given all year, then quickly corrected himself: the best 59-minute effort. We learn caution, Bruins fans! We don't tempt fate! (Lenny Clarke could learn from this.) But in fact, they did not blow it in the last minute, they got an empty-net goal, and won 4-1. It was nice.

And I was exhausted, so it was good to just veg out and watch good hockey. I was too tired to knit! I did sooo many loads of laundry yesterday, I didn't even count how many, but it was many, up and down the stairs, and up and down, and up again. By 8 PM the last load was in the dryer and I was limp on the couch, wishing I retained the use of my hands for knitting, but regretfully realizing, not. I managed to pet the kitty, but that was about all, and he had to keep restarting me, with little nudges, when I stopped. Lots of clean clothes, sheets, towels, and blankets Chez Cat Hair, but not a lot of energy.

Not that it was a bad day, just tiring. I went grocery shopping, swept up the worst of the dust rhinos, and a friend came over to see the condo (she liked it, and was frankly envious of the countertops; isn't it funny, the things that float our boats?). It was a pretty good, low-key weekend, and my streaky Bruins, my seesaw hockey team, is Up again (Win Four! Lose Three! Win Two! Drive fans to drink!).

And I bought my train tickets this weekend, which makes the trip to New York seem more real, somehow, though without anything in hand, there is still an element of unreality. (I chose not to pay Amtrak an additional $12 to mail the ticket to me, which was the only other option than the one I did chose, pick it up at the station. At least this way, I can't lose it. Or, more likely, forget it.)

We had some weird weather today, including a snow squall. Which means that I looked out the window* to sunshine around 2:30, and heavy, near whiteout snow at 3, and barely flurries at 3:30, and sun again by 4. New England.

*No, I don't have an office with a window. I have a cubicle. But I can stand up and see a window, and go look out if I need to look at the distance for a moment (proofreaders do a lot of close work), or if there's something to see, like weather. Or when a pair of turkeys came to eat the seed under our birdfeeder. There's something you don't see every day.

I go back to the head doctor tomorrow, and look forward to discussing the medications, specifically the one that isn't giving me the main benefit (fewer headaches), but is giving me side effects. No, thank you! Let's talk. I actually thought I had this appointment last Thursday, had a little card from the office and everything, but there was a snafu at the office, so rather than wait to be fit in, I rescheduled. And went to get my car aligned (potholes). But no snafus tomorrow.

So that's Monday for you.

1 comment:

  1. I'd really LIKE to feel happy for you that your Bruins are winning some again, unfortunately, my boys have just sucked it up horribly all year, and may not make the playoffs for the first time since moving to CO! :( Isn't it great to love hockey though =) No better sport! Although I have dropped more than a few stitches jumping up to yell at the screen haha

    ReplyDelete