Monday, May 01, 2023

Travel Planning

(Cruddy day. The Bruins lost, I did something weird to my neck yesterday and it's painful, we had the cleaners here so everything gets all upset [I love not having to scrub, don't get me wrong, but it's a lot of work before and after they come--only once a month, thankfully], and I went to the doctor about my headaches and, while I'm pleased she thinks there are things worth looking into and trying, it's more on my to-do list to organize, and I was already feeling a bit overloaded when I got home and the cleaner was suggesting that next time, she clean my closet, and it took some back and forth before I realized she was saying there was mold in the closet, and oh, I. Just. Can't. Today. Let's talk about something else.)

(Someone at work sent a short thing in for editing this afternoon, and said "Happy Monday" with a smiley face, and oh. Oh. No. I did amuse myself by imagining what emojis I could use to describe my day, though, at least there's that.)

In a few weeks, I'm heading to New England to spend a few days with friends, so I'm spending some pleasant anticipation time working out plans and packing lists. And, of course, prematurely stalking the weather.

I am well aware that looking a few weeks ahead is a fool's game. I've heard that the forecast is generally reliable to five days, and beyond that it's a lot more guesswork. So let's look at the next five days from today.

There:


Here:


Well.

My friends laugh at me, in a nice way, for how much I bundle up on visits now, but come on. Lows in the 40s? I'm bringing my warm layers! I won't bring my down jacket (probably), but gloves and a hat? Obviously!

I've got two and a half weeks. Perhaps it will warm up considerably from this week's forecast. But I'm keeping an eye on it.

7 comments:

  1. I cringe at all the times I used to say or write "Happy Monday!" when I was working in an office.

    That does not look like vacation weather! I hope the forecast changes for the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is, I totally get that! Saying TGIF or it's hump day were just part of the conversation. It's just that sometimes it hits me the wrong way, and that's really on me, not them.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, look, the weather's been terrible this spring. TERRIBLE. I hope it doesn't rain that much, though, because that's BRUTAL. I think 40s are worthy of a down coat myself. That's COLD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my fingers crossed VERY hard that it warms up. Come on, New England! You have two weeks to get spring in gear.

      Delete
  3. When we moved to California after 70-something inches of snow in 17 days, we had a good laugh at some friends having shivered so hard in 50 degree weather, while we were going, 50 is when you take your jacket off during a brisk walk.

    Now we're the ones bundling up. It's 55 out there, I've got a warm sweater on inside, and I think we've gone native on us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to figure out where you live (oh, hello! I'm new to your blog.) At this time of year in Florida, our lows are in the 70s (or 60s if were lucky) and the highs are upper 80s, sometimes getting up to 90- soon we'll be in the 90s every day, sigh. So that forecast for New England looks VERY cold to me! I would be bringing all my cold weather gear, such as it is. As you said, the weather could- and probably will- be quite different by the time you're there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in south Florida, much the same weather as yours! I do hope it's warmer for my trip than this week's forecast, though.

      Delete