Monday, May 08, 2023

Getting Out of Hand

Your satisfaction is important to us!

We have become a survey-and-review society. Is this just an American thing, or is it elsewhere? In the last few days, this is what I've seen:

  • review an item I ordered
  • give feedback to my doctor's practice after my appointment
  • review a book I got a free copy of (I have mixed feelings about doing it, because I didn't love the book, and I hate to kick it when it's down, so to speak, but I have to figure out how to write what I thought)
  • review that other item I ordered
  • review my visit to Starbucks on Saturday
  • review our visit to Outback on Sunday
  • give feedback to my doctor's practice after bloodwork--and hey, if I could review just that, I would, she does an excellent job every time, but no, they want me to rate my overall satisfaction with the practice and how likely I would be to recommend them to friends, and I'm sorry, not every time I have blood drawn

There were more in the weeks before that, and there will be more all the time, because there always are, and I am sick of it.

5 comments:

  1. They just don't give up! I got another one, from Chewy, this morning: "What do you think about your recent order?" It was cat food. I think it was cat food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got emails and phone calls wanting me to rate the anesthesiologist from my surgeries!! Like... I didn't wake up midway through, so I guess they did fine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to have a state representative (till he got term-limited out) who sponsored a yearly "There ought to be a law" contest: tell him what he should put in a bill and if he agreed with you he'd do it. That's how California got a law requiring that if you turn your windshield wipers on for the rain you have to turn on your headlights, too. So what I'm thinking is, someone should put out a bill allowing one to opt-out of survey requests after the first time an entity asks you so they can't bother you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, and I have one to add- I just got an email asking me to review my experience while returning an item to Target. I mean, really? It was fine! But I don't want to write a review about it. I'm glad you posted this, because now I'll just delete these emails immediately and not feel guilty about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They ask for every ridiculous thing! There are a few surveys I'll do, but more and more often I delete. Who has time for all that?

      Delete